Few months ago, Facebook announced altogether a new layout for business pages which now has been rolled out globally. India started getting this update from last couple of weeks and it seems that almost all the Facebook pages has the new crisp and user friendly layout. It gives credit to the page owner and it looks clutter-free as well. If you are the admin of any such Facebook page, here are 5 ways you can optimize your Facebook page layout:
1. Checkout Call-To-Action Button: Although you must be using the CTA button since its inception on Facebook page, it is suggested to check the final link (where actually you want your visitors to land). The CTA button looks more prominent now and bigger in size as well. Make sure where exactly you want user to take once they are convinced with the content you are showing on you FB page.
2. Cover Page Size: Forget playing hide and seek between your cover photo and profile picture. Now the profile picture has been moved to the left top corner, you have full ground open to play with the cover photo. The previous size of the cover photo was 851×315 px which is good to loads fast too. Now for the better visibility on both desktop and mobile you can try size of 828×465 px.
3. Check your page as a Page Visitor: As an admin you will always see extra information on your page. It is good to check your page as a visitor after every change you made on your page or after every post update. As more than 80% ad revenue comes from Facebook mobile app, you will not see any ad in the right column of the page on desktop.
4. Recheck you Tabs: On the left side of your screen you will see all the tabs now opened up – easy to see – manner. It is good to re-check your tab section to make sure which tab you want to show on top and which at the bottom. Click on the ‘manage tab’ at the bottom and reshuffle the order of tabs if you need.
5. Manage Section: On the right column you will see the sections which you can manage if you want. Hover your mouse on any section and you will see a pencil icon. Click on that and edit if you need to change the order of section.
The new layout of the page will make interaction between the users and pages stronger. A spokesperson from Facebook said, “We’ve introduced a new design for Pages on desktop to make it easier for people to learn about and interact with businesses on Facebook, including a new column for tab navigation and a more prominent call-to-action button.” – reported Marketing Land. The importance of Facebook for marketers though becomes prominent with the ads. Ads on facebook gives better results but it is also important to make your presence count!