Creating SEO friendly content requires time and efforts. However, optimizing for both the search engine and users is one of the most important things you shall consider for your content. If your content does not match with the searcher’s query, will reflect on SERP ranking. therefore, content plays a crucial role in SEO.
A well-optimized and high-quality content improves the chances of ranking higher in SERP. To help you get your ranking better, check out and follow these simple 9 steps to creating SEO friendly content.
1. Curate Keywords:
To start with SEO friendly content, the first and foremost important step is collecting keywords of related business.
There shall be one focus/primary keyword targeting the content. Also, target additional 8-10 keywords highly relevant to the industry or business.
To identify a focus keyword, you shall keep your target audience in mind. Analyze your audience searchers query and accordingly set your primary keyword.
2. Determine Search Intent & Identify the right format:
Keyword Search Intent: Keyword intent is a secret to bring the right traffic to your webpage. Bifurcate your clue word for SERP title. This captivates searcher’s attention. When your probability of your content being clicked is higher. There are 4 types of keyword search intent:
- Informational: The intent is to acquire information which is present on more than one webpages. Content including: “guide”, “tutorial”, “what”, “how” reflects informative content.
- Navigational: Here, the intent is to reach different sites on webpages. The “About & Home section”, “product or service”, “contact details” etc. should be properly navigating.
- Commercial: The intent is to convince a prospect who has already decided to make a purchase, to take action, by offering additional incentives. There two types of commercial intent keywords: “Buy now” and “product” keywords. Keywords like best, cheapest, top, review, buy etc. are the strongest indication of possible intent to purchase.
- Transactional: The intent is to perform some wed-mediated activity. Here the user wants to get to a website where there will be more interaction. So the focus should be on keywords like “buy”, “price”, “subscribe”, “register” or “download”.
3. Optimize Meta Title:
Your content title (H1) is not the same as Meta title, so do not get misjudged. But you can keep both H1 heading and Meta Title same. You must insert your primary keyword on Meta title.
On the SEO friendly content perspective, the title plays a very crucial role. It must consist of 15-45 (max.60) characters.
The uniqueness of the meta title would motivate users to go to the website.
4. Create Eye-catchy Heading (H1):
For SEO friendly content, Heading (H1) does not play much important role, but it still requires the parameter of uniqueness.
H1 introduces your audience about your content, and your introduction should be eye-catchy. The more unique content, the higher the chances of readability.
You must use power words like “how”, “why”, “what”. Such initials interest the readers’ mind to know about your content and induce curiosity. Example, “How to promote a business page on Facebook“.
5. Optimize Meta Description:
The meta description encourages a user to click on the link on SERP (Search Engine Result Page). Describe your overall content in 140-150 (maximum 160) including the primary keyword.
The description does not have to be in a sentence, you may include the price of your product/service or the details relating to manufacturing.
6. Structure your content and make it relatable:
A systematic structure of content makes the reader easy to understand your delivered content. To make your content well structured, always prefer using H2 and H3 tags. This will highlight your topic and divide your long sentences. Your content should be short, crisp and to the point.
Highlight key or main ideas in bold, italic or change font size as required. Also, manage to add bullets or numbering your content for clear readability.
Content of 3000+ words gets three times more traffic and shares. Therefore, make content long enough to cover a topic.
7. Add visual content and optimize:
To make your content look appealing, it requires visual content in it. Visual content, such as infographics, video, images, and templates delivers high value to readers.
Visual content passes your message faster and in a more eye-catchy way.
Optimize your visual content with image size, image names, and Alt tags. Describe what exactly an image shows and relate it to the content topic. Make your visual content unique and readable while optimizing
8. Make URL readable:
Do not wonder, URL matters the most while performing SEO friendly content. It helps the user understand what is content about.
Your URL should be descriptive and must include a primary keyword in it. Use hyphens (-) instead of underscore (_) between each word and in lowercase.
Keep URL as short as possible up to 60 to 100 character
9. Adjust interlinking:
Interlink your content with other pages which is relevant and worth referring to. This will increase your visibility while linking to the high-authority site.
Conduct an audit of your existing content and search for relevant materials on the site to add links pointing to a new article.
Add related articles at the end of your content with proper anchor text.
So here you are, all good to go for creating your SEO friendly content by following simple 9 steps. Hope you like and find worth reading this. Please ask me any question relating to this blog in the comment section.