It was a second straight year in India when Digital Marketing Day was celebrated on 16th December in almost 18 cities in India. Surat witnessed yet another power-packed panel discussion this year. Here are some key takeaways from Digital Marketing Day Surat 2019.
Like 2018, this year too the experts were invited to share their knowledge in a panel discussion. Panel members were Isha Raval from iVIPANAN, Dr.Ravi Vaidya from S.R.Luthra Institute of Management and Amit Mehta from Navkar Enterprise. I took the responsibility of a panel moderator.
The hall was full of marketing enthusiasts of Surat and nearby areas. There were students, digital marketing professionals, entrepreneurs and academicians among the attendees.
- Key takeaways from Digital Marketing Day Surat 2019
- Google Released Political Ads Transparency Report for 2019
- 5 Ultimate Tips To Consider Before Starting Your Own Podcast
- 4 Things You Wish Your Boss Knew About Organizational Climate
- Key Takeaways from Google Marketing Live 2019
The audience came to know about many questions. Some of the questions answered by panelists were:
- Over the years, how technology has taken over the traditional media globally? Like how global businesses have adopted technology for marketing leaving traditional media aside?
- How search engine has evolved? How do you see the increasing dependency on a search engine will affect the buyers’ decision?
- How voice search has evolved as a key to success in SEO in the last 2-3 years? What are the important factors one should keep in mind while focusing on SEO in the voice search era?
- Do you think Indian businesses are lacking behind in global competition because of their adamant thought process and lack of knowledge for the growing power of search engines and social media?
- How should now marketers see social media in 2020? What things do they need to keep in mind as every social media is going mostly in AR way?
- How do you see the impact on decision making by consumers in the next 2-3 years because of the increasing role of Google Home and Alexa? They are now happily using voice search than ever before.
- How Machine Learning is impacting the consumers’ decision? Any example you can put forward that might show the great use of ML by any business to change the decision-making pattern of buyers?
- Any piece of advice for Local businesses or marketers do you want to give so that they can walk parallel with global businesses?
According to Dr. Ravi Vaidya “Voice search, Augmented Reality and Machine learning has changed the way buyers are making decisions. This is the right time to use not only marketing automation by personalized automation response. It is very important to market our own business smartly because it is as similar to driving a car on a highway.”
Isha Raval said “65% of people are now using voice search. It is high time for businesses to optimize the website for voice search. Even on Social media, you must create content that can engage people and takedown at the end of the sales funnel. The usage of Alexa, Google Home and Siri is increasing day by day. Marketers must consider this changing user pattern.”
Amit Mehta said “The collected data should be used smartly in marketing. Marketers must change the strategies the way technologies are changing. Businesses should think seriously to take the help of professional agencies to leverage opportunities.”
The enthusiastic audience asked some great questions in the final Q and A round. Why it was such a good panel discussion? The answer is very simple – the selection of the topic of the panel discussion. It was the very first-time such topic was discussed in Surat.
The Audience gave some good testimonials at the end of the event.
The final click with the audience was mandatory!!
And the final glimpse of the event!
Digital Marketing Day will be celebrated again next year in 2020. I am sure the third time too, it will be a great show just like the first two were!