What are the Facebook Ad objective changes? If you were always confused choosing the right objective for your Facebook ads out of available 15 objectives, don’t worry because you were not alone who was confused! There were many advertisers who were not so sure how to choose the right objective. Most of the marketers in India were happy going with ‘boost page’ and ‘page likes’ objective as it was the easiest to focus upon. But Facebook has changed the way you will now see the objectives and they have reduced the number of objectives from 15 to 11.
Without making major changes, Facebook has made following changes:
- Website clicks and app engagement are now called traffic
- Post engagement, Page likes, event responses and offer claims are now called engagement
- Website conversions and app engagement are now called conversions
These changes don’t affect any existing campaigns you’re running. You can still edit and manage any existing campaigns that use the original objectives. Even, now the names of the objectives have become simpler. According to Facebook, following names have been changed:
- Increase brand awareness → Brand awareness
- Reach people near your business → Local awareness
- Send people to a destination on or off Facebook → Traffic (website clicks)
- Get installs of your app → App installs
- Get video views → Video views
- Collect leads for your business → Lead generation
- Promote a product catalog → Product catalog sales
- Get people to claim your offer → Engagement (offer claims)
- Promote your Page → Engagement (page likes)
- Boost your posts → Engagement (post engagement)
- Raise attendance at your event → Engagement (event responses)
- Increase conversions on your website → Conversions (website conversions)
- Increase engagement in your app → Traffic (app engagement)and Conversions (app engagement)
- Get people to visit your store → Store visits
With new objectives,
If you want to send more people to your website or App, it is now called Traffic. This objective has combined the older website clicks and app engagement objectives. You can select the appropriate objective at the time of ad set creation.
If you wan to drive an action on your website or app, it is now called Conversions. This objective combines the website conversions and app engagement objectives.
If you want more people to engage with your business on Facebook, it is now called Engagement. This objective includes the post engagement, page likes, event responses and offer claims objectives.
So do not get confused and go for the Facebook Ads. If you are still feeling you must consult experts, do not miss to meet the experts of social media marketing.