The way Facebook messenger has evolved as a primary messenger app for many users globally, it was always on the card that Facebook might come out with ads in messenger app. Making the assumptions correct, today Facebook has announced the ad campaign in Facebook Messenger. While Facebook messenger helps you connecting with your audience to build the business, now you can create a Facebook News Feed ad that opens a Messenger conversation between your business and your prospective customer. Isn’t this sound interesting? (BTW, still many people are using boost post option in facebook ad. You must know the different objective on Facebook which can be used to do ads).
To do ads on Facebook messenger is not so difficult. When a person clicks or taps on your ad in News Feed, a conversation with your business will immediately open in the Messenger app (if the person is on a mobile device) or on the web (if the person is on a desktop computer). People can return to this message conversation at any time on any device with Messenger installed to continue the conversation. It means that even after clicking your ad on Facebook, a person can revisit you virtually on the same platform (messenger) to re-start the communication with you!
WHAT TYPES OF ADS YOU CAN DO WITH FACEBOOK MESSENGER ADS?
1) Discount Offer
- Click Messages at the top of your Page.
- Click in the bottom right, then click Manage Replies.
- Click Create Reply.
- Enter the reply title and message. You can also add an image or personalise the reply.
- Click Save reply.
2) Promote Your New Offerings
How to create this ad?
- Go to ads creation in Ads Manager or Power Editor
- Choose the Traffic objective (Note: This may appear as Send people to your website for some advertisers)
- Choose your campaign name and click Continue
- Choose your audience, budget and placement. (Note: You cannot use Instagram as a placement option when selecting Messenger as a destination)
- At the ad level, choose your format. You can choose Carousel, Single Image, Single Video or Slideshow format.
- Choose the Page you want to connect
- Choose Messenger as your destination
- Choose a welcome message. When people click on your ad, they will automatically be directed to Messenger and receive a copy of your ad and the welcome message.
- After you’ve reviewed your ad, click Place Order
Ok, so one thing you have to keep in mind that your ad to open conversations in Messenger won’t appear to people on mobile who don’t have the Messenger app. Try this ad and compare the result with your any previous campaigns. Discuss the feasibility with your digital marketing agency to move ahead.