Recently, Twitter has announced that certain accounts can apply for the verification. By verification, your account will receive the blue badge along with the account name which can assure people that your account is authentic. According to Twitter, they will approve account types maintained by users in music, acting, fashion, government, politics, religion, journalism, media, sports, business, and other key interest areas. If you do not belong to any of this profession then also if you feel your account is of public interest then you can apply for the verification process.
WHAT IS REQUIRED BEFORE SUBMITTING THE PROCESS?
To verify your Twitter account, you need to have following:
- A verified phone number
- A confirmed email address
- A bio
- A profile photo
- A header photo
- A birthday (for accounts that are not company, brand, or organization accounts)
- A website
- Tweets set as public in Tweet privacy settings (Go to settings and check the privacy setting)
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE VERIFIED ACCOUNT
Twitter has announced some recommendations to verify the profile
- If the account belongs to a person, the name reflects the real or stage name of the person.
- If the account is a corporation or company account, the name reflects the real name of the corporation or company.
- The profile and/or header photo reflects the person, the corporation’s branding, or the company’s branding.
- If the account is a corporate or company account, the email address associated with the account is a corporate or company email address.
To confirm your identity, Twitter can ask some official documents as well. As Twitter is asking to website, make sure when providing URLs to support your request, choose sites that help express your newsworthiness or relevancy in your field. Try out your Facebook profile or business page if your don’t have any proper website to speak on your behalf.
If you feel confident about your worthiness to the society, you can click here to fill the form.