Over the years, marketing has changed just the way people have changed their perception towards products and brands. When it comes to advertising, most of the marketers focus heavily on content and presentation but hardly you will remember the ‘timing of the advertisement’. There are few instances where marketers have utilized the opportunity with the great timely-content. Let’s see some of those ‘perfect timing’ real time marketing in the recent times.
1. Oreo, Tide and Calvin Klein: In 2013 during the Super Bowl black out, when it was power failure in the stadium and millions of television viewers were waiting for game to start again, Oreo came out with the real time marketing content on Twitter.
While Oreo focused on the creative art work focusing its product, Calvin Klein focused on sex appeal by posting a video on its Vine account of a Grecian-sculpted model working out.
Taking all the advantage like Oreo, Tide tweeted with clumsily worded ad on Twitter comparing black out with stain on the clothes.
2) All our fight against Dengue for Payal: In 2013 there were many rising numbers of Dengue cases during and after monsoon and it has led to a number of awareness drives on the dreaded disease. One such awareness drive has been started by All Out –‘Fight Dengue For Payal’, in a joint initiative by the pest control brand and Voluntary Health Association of India (VHAI). Though Payal was an imaginary character, All our mainly focused on an opportunity and the whole campaign was themed on ‘Fight Dengue For Your Family’.
3) Paytm and Freecharge danced on demonetization: The early tweet came from Paytm just after PM Narendra Modi announced the ban on 500 and 1000 Rs. notes at the late evening of 8th November 2016.
The next morning newspaper front page was also booked by Paytm!
Freecharge was also quick in taking an advantage of the situation and they tweeted early too.
4) 303 Capsule: On 19th December 2016, Karun Nair created the history by scoring 303* against England at Chennai. The very next day 303 Capsule brand used the exact number of runs as their brand name in all the newspapers. They welcomed Karun Nair in their club of number!
5) Prega News by Mankind: While whole India and Pakistan were discussing name of Saif and Kareena’s newly born son on 21 December 2016, Mankind took the step further and gave a full page ad in newspaper the very next day congratulating Kareena for becoming mother. They indicated their product Prega News as a messenger of “good news”! Mankind signed Kareena in September 2016 as their brand ambassador expecting the delivery of her child in December. It was a well thought step!
Earlier, Prega News missed the real chance while Shilpa Shetty was pregnant. The company hired her just after her delivery which was still not so effective step. This time the company hits the bulls eye and signed the most demanded heroine of bollywood well before her delivery.
6) Noble Public School’s a tribute to Jayalalitha: It was a shocking news for India on 5th December 2016 at around 11.30 in night when Tamilnadu CM Jaylalitha was passed away in Chennai. It was a local school in Surat, Gujarat which immediately gave a tribute to the lady within an hour of the news on social networking site Facebook. Noble Public School was concerned with the loss and they did not wait to share. It is remarkable to see even a local school is using time perfectly to engage their users on social media.
You need some great ideas and time management to hit the right hammer at the right place. These few examples in traditional and digital marketing clears the importance of real time marketing. Though a good digital marketing agency helps you get this kind of great content.